Make this super easy no fuss 4 ingredients BBQ Instant Pot Ribs in 40 mins! Brushed with your favorite sweet & smoky BBQ sauce, these tender baby back ribs are finger lickin’ good. Perfect weeknight meal, last minute dinners, or cook them for your next BBQ. 😀
Baby back ribs was one of the first dishes we made in our Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker.
We were blown away by how fall-off-the-bone tender, moist, and flavorful they were. That was the moment we got converted to the “Pothead Cult” and got super excited with pressure cooking!! 😀
*Note: Normally, we make our baby back ribs with this Pressure Cooker Ribs Recipe using homemade dry rub and BBQ sauce. But, when we’re short on time or ingredients, this simplified version is our go-to Instant Pot Ribs Recipe.
This is a great first dish to kick start your Instant Pot cooking journey! Just remember to grab a good bottle of BBQ sauce, then you’re all set. Enjoy~ 😉
Ingredients for Easy BBQ Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
- Baby back ribs
- Your favorite BBQ sauce (We used Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce)
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
Tools for Easy BBQ Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
Subscribe & Never Miss a Recipe!
Tested Pressure Cooker Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox Weekly. 100% Free
Tips for Easy BBQ Instant Pot Ribs Recipe
1. Purchasing Baby Back Ribs: search for ribs with even and uniform thickness in the rack. Try to find ribs with even marbling.
2. How long to cook the baby back ribs in the Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker? We had a little fun with some baby back ribs and tested different cooking times to find the best one that suits us. Choose your favorite cooking time here: Pressure Cooker Baby Back Ribs Cooking Time to make this Easy BBQ Instant Pot Ribs Recipe!
3. Cooking ribs directly in the liquid vs. on a rack in the pressure cooker:When cooking ribs in the pressure cooker, some of the meat flavor will transfer to the liquid. Place the ribs directly in the cooking liquid if you’re simultaneously making the ribs sauce in the pressure cooker. Because all the flavors that have escaped to the liquid will be brushed back onto the ribs.
However, if you’re discarding the cooking liquid in the pressure cooker afterwards or using an already made/store-bought BBQ sauce (like this recipe), place the ribs on a rack in the pressure cooker to preserve the meat flavors.
4. How to Remove the Membrane from Baby Back Ribs (see video for demo):
- Locate the membrane on either end of the rack (at the back of the ribs).
- Slide a butter knife in between the membrane and bones (see picture below).
- Pull the membrane and tear it off with a paper towel (for better grip).
Watch How To Make This Easy BBQ Instant Pot Ribs Recipe Video:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Now it’s YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and make some Easy BBQ Instant Pot Ribs Recipe!
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Meat, Quick Meals, Super Easy
Serving: 2 - 3
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 4 tablespoons your favorite BBQ sauce (We used Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce)
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Prepare the Baby Back Ribs: Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs with a paper towel.
- Season the Baby Back Ribs: Season the Baby Back Ribs with generous amount of kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Pressure Cook the Baby Back Ribs: Place 1 cup of cold running tap water and a trivet into the pressure cooker. Place the baby back ribs on top of the trivet. Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 16 – 25 minutes. Adjust the timing according to your preference: 16 minutes (Tender with a bit of chew) to 25 minutes (Fall off the bone). Turn off the heat and full Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.
- Preheat Oven: While the baby back ribs is cooking in the pressure cooker, preheat the oven to 450F.
- Apply Sauce and Finish in the Oven: Brush your favorite BBQ sauce all over the baby back ribs on all sides including the bones. Place the baby back ribs with the baking tray in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve: Remove the ribs from the oven and serve!
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
If you're up for the challenge: try our Ribs Recipe with homemade Dry Rub & BBQ Sauce
Last update on 2017-09-24 based on Amazon US | Images from Amazon Product API