Learn how to cook this sweet, juicy, and tender Instant Pot Corn on the Cob Recipe (Pressure Cooker Corn on the Cob)! Quick & easy fresh summer treat for the whole family.
Jump to: Recipe
Each summer, a corn farmer would drive in town with his pickup truck, loaded with mountain of corn on the cob at the back (I could literally swim in the pile – not that I’ve tried it before 😜).
He’d stop just a couple of blocks from our house with a huge handwritten sign.
So when summer arrives, I’d eagerly look at his usual spot and see if he’s there.
His sweet corn truck was like an ice-cream truck to me!
I get so excited when we spot him! My parents would pull over, and ask us to help pick some corn home.
It was slightly pricier than the ones from the market, but he definitely grew some of the sweetest & juiciest fresh corn I have ever had in my life!
Cooking corn on the cob is so easy and quick. And Instant Pot Pressure Cooker makes it even faster & easier with consistently delicious results, while conserving the nutrients.
How to Purchase Corn on the Cob?
- Husks: fresh, good green color (not brown/yellow/dry), tight
- Kernels: bright, plump, milky, tightly arranged in rows
- Silk: soft, moist, light golden pale (not brown/brittle), slightly sticky, the more silk the better
- Bottom (where it was broken off the stalk): if it’s already brown – most likely it’s not fresh
- Don’t buy corn that has been out in the sun all day
How to Store Corn on the Cob?
Ideally, you should cook & consume the corn on the cob on the day it was picked. But if you’re not going to cook and eat your fresh corn that day, here are some storage tips:
- Remove the long stem & outer big leaves to prevent moisture loss
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator with the husks to protect its flavor
You’ll Enjoy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob Because:
- Maximize the nutrient retention comparing to traditional cooking methods
- Quick & easy way to make perfectly juicy & tender corn
- Family-friendly healthy comfort food – great as a side dish or snack
Ingredients for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
Tools for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Instructions for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Pressure Cook the Corn on the Cob
4 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
Pour 1 cup of cold water in the pressure cooker.
Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet.
Close the lid and cook at
- Pressure Cooking Method: High Pressure for 1 – 2 minutes
- Pressure Release Method: Quick Release
Open the lid carefully.
Serve Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Serve immediately with butter, salt, and pepper, or your favorite seasonings or sauces.
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears corn on the cob , husks and silk removed
♥ Support us & Pay it forward by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
- Pressure Cook the Corn on the Cob: Pour 1 cup of cold water in the pressure cooker. Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet. Close the lid and cook at High Pressure for 1 - 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and Quick Release. Open the lid carefully.
- Serve: Serve immediately with butter, your favorite sauce or topping.
Nutrition Disclaimer: The nutrition information are provided as a general reference only.