5 mins prep + 6 simple ingredients to make this Easy Creamy Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe. Switch up your mashed potatoes with this buttery smooth, sweet & savory side dish, full of texture & fragrance. Sure to be a hit at your dining table! 😀
When I was a kid, winter has officially arrived when I see hawkers push out their huge black woks filled with burning hot coals on a wooden cart. You’ll know from afar because of the loud “cling cling clang clang” sounds they make with their long wok spatula as they flip the coals. As you walk by, you just couldn’t resist the warm sweet smell of sweet potatoes (or chestnuts).
“Baked” sweet potato is one of the Hong Kong street food classics. The sweet potatoes are slow cooked with the coals’ heat. Final texture is soft & creamy smooth, somewhat similar to those of mashed sweet potatoes. This ultimate hearty comfort food is simple, frugal, nutritious, satisfying, and delicious.
Let’s kick it up a notch with these buttery sweet & savory Creamy Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Don’t just save these for Thanksgiving! 😉
Ingredients for Creamy Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Garnet sweet potatoes
- Unsalted butter
- Maple syrup
- Ground nutmeg
- Fine sea salt
- Cold running tap water
Tools for Creamy Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Tips for Creamy Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1. Sweet Potatoes Sizes: After experimented pressure cooking various sizes of sweet potatoes, 1″ chunks or cubes bring the best results. They cook faster and more evenly.
2. Seasoning: In step 3, be sure to season with salt to enhance the flavors and balance out the dish.
3. Looking for other Side Dish ideas? Check out our Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe.
Watch: How To Make This Creamy Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes Video
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Now it’s YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and make some Creamy Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes!
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Appetizer, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish, Vegetables, Super Easy
Serving: 2 - 4
- 2 pounds garnet sweet potatoes, cut into 1” chunk
- 2 - 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup cold running tap water
- Fine sea salt to taste
- Peel and Cut: Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1” chunks.
- Pressure Cook the Sweet Potatoes: Pour 1 cup of cold running tap water and place a steamer basket into the pressure cooker. Place sweet potato chunks into the basket. Close lid and cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes. Turn off the heat and carefully do a quick release. Open the lid.
- Mash the Sweet Potatoes: Place the cooked sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Use a potato masher to partially mash the potatoes. Add ¼ tsp nutmeg, 2 – 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, and 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the sweet potatoes. Mash and mix the sweet potatoes into desired consistency. Taste and season with a pinch of fine sea salt.
- Serve: Serve the sweet potatoes as side dish. We love it with seared flank steaks, pork loins, and ducks. Enjoy~ 🙂
♥ Spread the Love by sharing your food photo with hashtag #AmyJacky on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
Seasoning: In step 3, season with salt to enhance the flavors and balance out the dish.