10 mins to prep this super easy Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes (Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes). The fluffy and creamy butter garlic smashed potatoes is sprinkled with pepper and cheese. Don’t save it for just thanksgiving!
I have to confess potatoes to me is like candies to a kid. Don’t ask me why. But I’m totally obsessed with anything, I mean EVERYTHING potatoes. Am I the only one?
No doubt, homemade mashed potatoes wins the crown as one of my favorite comfort food. I can seriously eat this everyday. So, one of the first dishes we’ve made with our pressure cooker was pressure cooker mashed potatoes. YES! 😀
10 minutes prep is all you need to make this super easy and frugal dish.
If you’re looking for a quick & easy whole potato recipe, check out this 25-mins Pressure Cooker Potatoes Recipe.
Tools for Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes:
You never want your mashed potatoes to be either too mushy/runny or too pasty/dry. This is why pressure cooker mashed potatoes are so awesome over the regular boiling method. The high pressure is able to cook the potatoes evenly. So, you can easily achieve great texture and a richer taste.
Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes Tips
1. If you want flavorful and buttery mashed potatoes, don’t forget to heat up the butter, garlic and milk before mixing it with the potatoes. The potatoes will absorb the flavors much better this way.
2. Not all potatoes are created equal. So, if you want fluffy mashed potatoes, stick with starchy potatoes like Russets or Yukon Golds. 😉
3. Yes, you can double this recipe. The timing will stay the same. If you are tripling the recipe or the potatoes are packed too tightly, you may have to increase the cooking time by 1 – 2 minutes.
Watch Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe Video:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Nothing beats a warm bowl of fluffy homemade mashed potatoes. Take out your pressure cooker and cook some Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes now!
Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 4 (~2.5lbs/1100g) russet potatoes or 6 Yukon gold potatoes , peeled and quartered
- 1 cup (250ml) cold water
- ½ cup (100ml) milk
- 2 tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons (30g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
♥ Share this Recipe so We can create more yummy recipes for you. Thank you 🙂
- Pressure Cook Potatoes: Fill the pressure cooker with 1 cup (250ml) of cold water. Place the steamer basket in the pot, then add quartered potatoes in the steamer basket. Close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure cook in High Pressure for 8 minutes + Quick Release.
- Make Butter Garlic Mixture: While the potatoes are cooking, heat a small sauce pan over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic. Add a pinch of kosher salt. Sauté the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and golden in color. Add the milk and deglaze the pan. Remove mixture from heat when it is hot.
- Mash Potatoes & Serve: Open the lid carefully. Mash the pressure cooked potatoes in a medium mixing bowl with a potato masher. Add half of the garlic butter mixture to the bowl. Continue to mash, stir, and add the mixture until desired consistency. Add Parmesan cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper.Serve warm and enjoy~
All Our Pressure Cooker Recipes
*Disclosure: We are an Amazon Influencer/Amazon Associate. This means that if you decide to purchase items or services on Amazon through our links on Pressure Cook Recipes to Amazon, Amazon will send a small commission to us at no additional costs to you. Thank you!