Make these Pressure Cooker Korean Ribs with homemade kalbi marinade. Fall-off-the-bone tender & moist baby back ribs coated with caramelized blast of Asian flavors. Your guests will lick their fingers & beg for more!
We’re spoiled with many authentic Korean food in town.
From Korean BBQ, Korean Fried Chicken, Korean Family Restaurants, Cafes, Bingsu Shops (Shaved Ice Desserts)…
Too much to eat and too little room in my stomach!!!
One of the wonderful restaurateurs we worked with runs Traditional Korean restaurants, highly frequented by Korean diners.
The decor, the furniture, the Korean patrons, even the menu (only printed in Korean)…had us doubted for a second…
Are we in Korea?
Almost every menu item he serves is from traditional Korean heritage recipes. That is, recipes passed down the generations from his restaurateur family.
He’s the one who made me fell in love with the boldly sweet, savory, and spicy Korean food.
Piping hot Dolsot Bibimbap (Stone Bowl Mixed Rice)…
Humble yet satisfying Budae Jjigae (Army Stew)…
Addictively sweet & spicy Jaeyook Bokkeum (Spicy Pork and Kimchi Stirfry)…
Hearty & deeply flavored Gamjatang (Spicy Pork Bones Stew)…
Subscribe & Never Miss a Recipe!
Tested Pressure Cooker Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox Weekly. 100% Free
We are SO ready to develop some of our favorite Korean dishes for you in our Pressure Cookers!
This time, we’re putting a little twist on one of my all time favorites – LA Galbi (BBQ Beef Short Ribs).
Get ready for some finger-licking Korean Kalbi Pressure Cooker Baby Back Ribs! 😀
You’ll Enjoy these Pressure Cooker Korean Ribs Because:
- Easy to make
- Finger-licking caramelized kalbi sauce – packed with bold Asian flavors – sweet, savory, and pungent garlicky spice
- Fall-off-the-bone tender & moist ribs
- Surprise your guests with a new flavor that differs from your usual BBQ Ribs
- Made with simple ingredients
These Pressure Cooker Korean Ribs are Great for:
- BBQ, Parties, Gatherings…
- Game Nights, Guys/Girls Night…
- Potlucks, Picnics…
- Lunch, Dinner (you can enjoy these even on weeknights!)
Tools for Pressure Cooker Korean Ribs
- Tatung TPC-6LB Electric Pressure Cooker
- Food processor or Chopper/Grinder
- Large Ziploc Bag
- Silicone Basting Brush
Tips for Pressure Cooker Korean Ribs
1. Purchasing Baby Back Ribs: Search for ribs with even and uniform thickness in the rack. Best to find ones with even marbling.
2. Taste & Adjust the Kalbi Marinade: The marinade’s overall flavor varies depending on the sweetness of your Asian pear & the saltiness of your light soy sauce. Take note that different bottles of soy sauces can have different levels of saltiness (even 2 bottles of soy sauces from the same brand can taste different).
3. How to Remove the Membrane from Baby Back Ribs (see video for demo):
- Locate the membrane on either end of the rack (at the back of the ribs).
- Slide a butter knife in between the membrane and bones (see picture below).
- Pull the membrane and tear it off with a paper towel (for better grip).
4. Choose Your Favorite Pressure Cooker Ribs Cooking Time: We did a Pressure Cooker Baby Back Ribs Experiment to find the optimal cooking time for tender baby back ribs.
So, pick your favorite cooking time and start making some yummy Pressure Cooker Korean Ribs!! 😀
Watch: How To Make This Pressure Cooker Korean Ribs Video
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Meat, Party Food, Sauce, Snack, Easy
Serving: 2 - 4
- 1 rack of baby back ribs (~2lb)
- 1 Asian pear (370g), peeled & finely grated
- 1 whole garlic (37g), minced
- 1 small onion (104g), minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger (1g), minced
- 1 teaspoon (2.3g) freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup (125ml) light soy sauce (not low sodium soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons (42g) honey
- 2 tablespoons (25g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) sesame oil
- 1 – 2 stalks green onions, finely sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Make the Kalbi Marinade
Speed up the Prep Process: Cut 1 small onion (104g), peeled Asian pear (370g) into smaller sizes. Process garlic (37g), onion pieces, ½ teaspoon ginger (1g), and Asian pear pieces in a food processor to a fine paste. Or you can mince these ingredients.
In a small mixing bowl, mix ½ cup (125ml) light soy sauce, 2 tbsp (42g) honey, 1 tsp (2.3g) freshly ground black pepper, 2 tbsp (25g) brown sugar, 2 tbsp (30ml) rice vinegar, 2 tbsp (30ml) sesame oil and the above processed onion paste together.
- Marinate the Baby Back Ribs: Remove the membrane from baby back ribs (See Video). Place ribs and kalbi marinade in a large Ziploc bag. Partially close the bag and squeeze out the air in the bag. Close Ziploc bag and marinate ribs in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Optimal marinate time for baby back ribs is 6 – 8 hours.
- Pressure Cook the Baby Back Ribs: Pour everything in the Ziploc bag into pressure cooker. Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 16 – 25 minutes. Adjust the timing according to your preference: 16 minutes (Tender with a bit of chew) to 25 minutes (Fall off the bone). Turn off the heat and full Natural Release. Open the lid.
- Preheat Oven: While the pressure cooker is naturally releasing pressure. Preheat oven to 450°F
- Reduce Kalbi Sauce and Finish in Oven: Reduce sauce over medium heat (Tatung: press Meat/Chicken button or Instant Pot: press Sauté button). Roughly 5 minutes. Taste and season sauce with more freshly ground black pepper if necessary.
Generously brush sauce on all sides of baby back ribs with a silicone basting brush. Place ribs in the oven for 4 – 8 minutes per side until caramelized.
- Serve: Remove ribs from oven. Garnish with finely sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds. You can serve the remaining sauce as a dipping sauce for extra blast of flavors.
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
Want More Ribs Recipe?
- Check our our delicious BBQ Baby Back Ribs Recipe: Pressure Cooker Ribs
Last update on 2017-09-19 based on Amazon US | Images from Amazon Product API