You’re gonna fall in love with this deliciously irresistible gourmet treat: Churro Almonds! Sweet-Savory Caramelized Vanilla Cinnamon Almonds. Makes great homemade Christmas food gifts if they do make it to the gifting stage!
We’re so thrilled to know that many of you shared our love for our madly addictive Firecracker Candied Pecans!!
If you enjoyed them pecans, you gotta try these Churro Almonds!
Perfectly sweet-savory-spiced cinnamon-vanilla candied almonds. Oh so good! Love the amazing pleasant aroma that lingers in your mouth and taste buds. yummy~
oh yes! You wouldn’t be able to stop at one.
We’re on a roll with these “nut jobs” and there’s No. Turning. Back!! 😀
Share with us in the comments which flavor you like the most! I’m torn between the two like picking a favorite child.
What are your favorite candied nuts? What do you think we should try next? 🙂
Instant Pot is a one pot wonder that is so much more than just an electric pressure cooker. One of its awesome features is that you can saute straight in the Instant Pot.
This Saute function is great especially for users living in dorm rooms, RV, boats, on the road, traveling, or camping. Or those who simply don’t want to dirty many pots and pans.
And this recipe highlights this Saute function beautifully. But you can also easily make this on the stovetop if you wish. 🙂
How to Make Churro Almonds
Super simple ingredients for this Churro Almonds Recipe 🙂
Heat up Instant Pot
Heat up Instant Pot using Sauté function.
You don’t have to wait until it says HOT for this recipe.
Wait roughly 1 minute before adding ¼ cup (63ml) water, ¼ cup (60g) granulated sugar, 1 tbsp (6.5g) cinnamon powder, ½ tsp (2.5ml) vanilla extract, and ½ tsp (3g) fine salt in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Mix well and let the sugar melt.
Make Churro Almonds
Once the mixture starts to bubble, add in 2 ¼ cups (240g) toasted or roasted almonds, ¼ tsp (0.5g) cayenne pepper and ¼ tsp (0.8g) paprika.
Stir and coat almonds well with cinnamon churro mixture. As usual, taste & adjust seasoning accordingly. 🙂
Love the sweet-smelling cinnamon-vanilla aroma that filled our kitchen! It smells amazing!
It may look runny at first. Let the almond caramelize in the cinnamon mixture for roughly 3 – 4 minutes.
The almonds are done when all the churro mixture are gone.
Serve Churro Candied Almonds
The cinnamon candied almonds will stick together once they are chilled.
So, try your best to separate and spread them apart and let them cool completely in a single layer on a parchment paper in a tray.
If you like, you can sprinkle some extra sugar on the parchment paper and on the Churro Almonds as you separate the almonds. This helps with the sticky situation. 😉
Ta da! Meet your new obsession – Churro Cinnamon Almonds!
Tools for Making Churro Candied Almonds
Enjoy these irresistible delicious Churro Almonds!
- 2 ¼ cups (240g) almonds (roasted or toasted for crunchy texture)
- ¼ cup (50g - 60g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (63ml) water
- 1 tablespoon (6.5g) cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5ml) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (3g) fine salt
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5g) cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon (0.8g) paprika
♥ Share this Recipe so We can create more yummy recipes for you. Thank you 🙂
- Heat up Instant Pot: Heat up Instant Pot using Sauté function. Wait roughly 1 minute, then add ¼ cup (63ml) water, ¼ cup (60g) granulated sugar, 1 tbsp (6.5g) cinnamon powder, ½ tsp (2.5ml) vanilla extract, and ½ tsp (3g) fine salt in Instant Pot. Mix well, then let the sugar melt.
- Make Churro Almonds: Once the mixture starts to bubble, add in 2 ¼ cups (240g) almonds, ¼ tsp (0.5g) cayenne pepper and ¼ tsp (0.8g) paprika. Stir and coat almonds well with cinnamon mixture. Taste & adjust seasoning accordingly. It may look runny at first. Let the almond caramelize in the churro mixture for roughly 3 - 4 minutes.Amy + Jacky's Tip: The almonds are done when all the churro mixture are gone.
- Serve: The almonds will stick together once they are chilled. Try your best to separate and spread them apart and let them cool completely in a single layer on a parchment paper in a tray. Amy + Jacky's Sticky Tip: You can sprinkle some extra sugar on the parchment paper, then lay the almonds on the sugar as you separate them in the tray. Meet your new obsession & enjoy~
More Food Gifts You’ll Love
Instant Pot Firecracker Candied Pecans
All Our Pressure Cooker Recipes
*Disclosure: We are an Amazon Influencer/Amazon Associate. This means that if you decide to purchase items or services on Amazon through our links on Pressure Cook Recipes to Amazon, Amazon will send a small commission to us at no additional costs to you. Thank you!