Make this Pure Simple, Fresh & Tasty Nutritional Powerhouse – Instant Pot Cauliflower Recipe (Pressure Cooker Cauliflower). Low-carb steamed cauliflower is rich in dietary fiber, vitamins & minerals. A guilt-free side dish to boost your health! 🙂
I’ve grown to love cauliflower since I was a kid. Yes. Even if it’s just pure simple freshly steamed cauliflower!
They’re so easy to eat and full of tasty natural flavors. Plus, cauliflower contains lots of amazing health benefits:
- Low calories
- Low in fat, sodium, sugar
- High in dietary fiber
- High in vitamin C and rich in other vitamins & minerals
A+J Fans have been asking why their steamed Broccoli or Cauliflower in Instant Pot often comes out mushy or raw. So we did a little experiment with various amounts of Cauliflower and cooking times, and here are our secrets! 😀
*Pro Tip: The amount of cauliflower you cook & the amount of cold water you use will affect the overall results (as these factors affect how long your Instant Pot takes to come up to pressure). So there’s no “one size fits all” magical cooking time. However, see below recipe card for cooking time reference. Be sure to adjust accordingly.
- Related Recipe: Instant Pot Broccoli
Instant Pot Cauliflower
- 1 head (1230g) cauliflower , cut into florets
- ½ cup (125ml) cold water
- Pressure Cook Cauliflower in Instant Pot: Pour ½ cup (125ml) cold water and place a Steamer Basket in Instant Pot. Add in cauliflower florets.
Pressure Cook at High Pressure:-For 2-3 cups of Cauliflower Florets: 0 min + Quick Release-For 1 cup of Cauliflower Florets: Crunchy - 1 min + Quick Release; Tender: 2 mins + Quick Release
- Serve Instant Pot Cauliflower: Remove the cauliflower immediately to prevent overcooking, then serve as a healthy side dish. Enjoy~ 🙂
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
Instant Pot Cauliflower Step-by-Step Cooking Guide
Clean cauliflower under cold running water and cut the cauliflower into florets.
Pressure Cook Cauliflower in Instant Pot
Pour ½ cup (125ml) cold water and place a Stainless Steel Steamer Basket in Instant Pot.
You can also use the trivet that came with your Instant Pot. 🙂
Layer the cauliflower florets on the steamer basket.
Close the lid and turn the Venting Knob to Sealing Position.
Pressure Cooking Method:
- For 2-3 cups of Cauliflower Florets
- High Pressure 0 min + Quick Release
- For 1 cup of Cauliflower Florets
- Crunchy: High Pressure 1 min + Quick Release
- Tender: High Pressure 2 mins + Quick Release
*Note: For reference, our cauliflower was closed to 3 lbs, High Pressure 0 minute + Quick Release yielded tender texture.
Carefully turn the Venting Knob to Venting Position to quickly release the pressure.
Once the Floating Valve drops, take off the lid immediately and remove the cauliflower from Instant Pot to prevent overcooking.
Serve Instant Pot Cauliflower
Serve the tasty steamed cauliflower as a healthy side dish! 🙂
Enjoy your Instant Pot Cauliflower!~ 🙂