Easy make ahead Umami Stuffed Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe with 7 simple ingredients. Satisfying bite of crisp smoky bacon wrapped juicy & tender stuffed chicken breast.
As the holidays are fast approaching, we’re thrilled to make get-together plans with family & friends!
I’m obsessed with planning ahead.
Am I the only crazy one that makes travel plans 1 year before departure?
Bestie and I were just talking about holiday potlucks and perhaps time for some board game revenge? (side note: Jacky & I won all the games we played last Christmas…wahaha…you know I love you 😉 ).
Couple of years ago, we were captivated by how Gordon Ramsay whipped up an easy & fancy Stuffed Chicken Roulade Recipe on a TV show.
So, we hope to create a similar recipe for you to brighten up your holiday menu!
The best part?
Fancy enough for special occasions, yet easy enough for weeknight dinners.
So, if you’re looking for easy chicken breast dinners, you’re going to like this.
The recipe is as simple as this:
- Cut & pound thin the chicken breasts,
- Lay out the fillings,
- Roll it all up.
Add this pressure cooker chicken breast recipe under your belt 🙂
Subscribe & Never Miss a Recipe!
Tested Pressure Cooker Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox Weekly. 100% Free
You’ll Enjoy Stuffed Instant Pot Chicken Breast Because:
- Fancy yet easy to make!
- Can make ahead & store in fridge until serving
- Only need 7 simple ingredients
- Great combination of flavors & textures
Stuffed Instant Pot Chicken Breast are Great for:
- Serve as an Appetizer or Entree
- Holidays Feast – Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner
- Entertaining guests, dinner parties, potluck
- Fancy or romantic homemade dinner (Valentine’s day!)
- Easy weeknight dinner
Tools for Stuffed Instant Pot Chicken Breast
Cooking Tips for Stuffed Instant Pot Chicken Breast
1. Make Ahead: You can make these stuffed Instant Pot Chicken Breast ahead and store them in the fridge until serving.
First, wrap the pressure cooked chicken roulade tightly with aluminum foil. Then, warm them up in Step 6: Brown & Crisp Up the Bacon right before serving to your guests. 🙂
2. Why are we Wet Brining the Chicken Breast?
Wet brining the chicken breasts will make them more moist & juicy. Avoid brining for more than 2 hours, as the texture of the chicken breast can turn mushy.
3. Mozzarella Cheese: we only found out we ran out of block-style low-moisture mozzarella cheese after preparing all the ingredients (ah, yes…sucks when this happens!), so we used sliced mozzarella cheese instead.
Use block-style mozzarella cheese if you can, and cut them in stick form for this stuffed chicken roulade. They’ll melt nicely with a mellow flavor.
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Meat, Party Food, Easy
- 2 (~300g or ⅔lb) boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied
- 1 piece (~66g) cooked ham, halved
- 1 – 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 14 - 16 (430g or ~1lb) strips bacon
- 4 slices Mozzarella cheese (see notes)
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 30 grams fine sea salt
- 2 cups (500ml) cold running tap water
- Butterfly the Chicken Breasts: Place chicken breast on a chopping board. Place one palm on top of the chicken breast with your fingers pointing slightly upwards. Slice the chicken breast horizontally with a sharp knife and stop within ½ inch from the opposite end.
Place plastic wrap over the chicken breast and flatten the chicken breasts with a meat mallet (or a rolling pin/heavy pan).
- Wet Brine the Chicken Breasts: In a medium mixing bowl, mix 30g fine sea salt with 2 cups (500ml) of cold running water. Fully submerge the butterflied chicken breasts into the salt water. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (optimal time: 2 hours).
- Roll Up the Stuffed Chicken Breast: Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels. Lay the chicken breast flat on a chopping board. Place 2 slices of Mozzarella cheese, 1 halved piece of cooked ham, and 1 – 3 spears of asparagus in the center of the chicken breast.Season with ground black pepper. Tightly roll up the chicken breast.
Line 7 – 8 strips of bacon side by side on the chopping board. Place the rolled chicken breast on top of the bacon, then wrap the stuffed chicken breast with the bacon by rolling it from one end to the other.
Pin both ends of the stuffed chicken breast with toothpicks to avoid cheese and juice from leaking.
- Pressure Cook the Stuffed Chicken Breast: Pour 1 cup of cold running water in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Add the stuffed chicken breasts on top of a trivet. Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 7 minutes + 10 minutes Natural Release. The floating pin may drop after 7 minutes, but leave the stuffed chicken breasts inside for full 10 minutes. Open the lid carefully.
- Pat Dry the Chicken Roulade: Pat dry the bacon wrapped chicken roulade with paper towels. You can wrap the pressure cooked chicken roulade tightly with aluminum foil and place in the fridge until serving.
- Brown & Crisp Up the Bacon: In the Instant Pot (Sauté High function) or a skillet (medium high heat), carefully brown the outer layer (bacon) of the chicken roulade. You can add 1 tbsp of olive oil to prevent sticking. Brown until the bacon are crisped.
- Serve: Cut the Chicken Roulade on an angle with a sharp knife. Serve as appetizer or main dish with your favorite side dishes. 🙂
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
See above Cooking Tips
Other Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipes?
Last update on 2017-09-19 based on Amazon US | Images from Amazon Product API