5 mins prep to make this refreshing Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast with Homemade Honey Mustard Vinaigrette. Imagine moist, juicy, and tender chicken breast drizzled with a flavorful dressing. Perfect for a quick, healthy & light meal!
Growing up in an Asian home, chicken legs and wings are always the prized chicken parts. Food that kids would need to learn to share. Food that sometimes given or rewarded to the most deserving person at the table.
This all happens while pieces of chicken breast would sit on the plate screaming for attention. Only until the end, when moms or aunties ask, “anyone else want these?” then maybe they won’t end up in the fridge.
But hey, chicken breasts can be moist, juicy, and flavorful when cooked perfectly! 😀 How? is the question.
However, cooking chicken breast in the pressure cooker is a bit tricky, as you can’t monitor and adjust the meat during the cooking process. No wonder many fellow pressure cooker users avoid cooking it or take educated guesses on the cooking time and method. We often get asked “why does my chicken breasts come out tough and dry?“.
No one really wants to eat dry cardboard chicken breast. So, we launched a mission to experiment with 18 batches of chicken breasts & chicken drumsticks to find: How to Make the Juiciest & Moistest Chicken Breast in Pressure Cooker!
With the secrets to cooking juicy and moist chicken breast in pressure cooker, we fixed up this refreshing Chicken Breast Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette.
*Love the pungent homemade dressing with a balance of sweet, savory, and sour, with a kick of garlicky spice. It truly elevates the flavors and the overall salad.
Tools for Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Tips for Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- Make Ahead: you can make this refreshing salad ahead of time, place it in the fridge, and save it for a healthy breakfast or light lunch.
- For Extra Moist Chicken Breast: the optional quick brining step will increase the moisture level by roughly 0.8% – 1.1%.
- Check Temperature: If the chicken breast’s internal temperature is slightly below 161°F – 163°F, quickly place them back into the pressure cooker. Close the lid and let it cook in the remaining heat for additional 2 – 5 minutes. Avoid pressure cooking it again unless the internal temperature is too low.
Watch: How To Make Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Breast with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- One, 300 grams (2/3 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup (250 ml) cold running tap water
- 2 cups (500 ml) cold running tap water
- 30 grams salt
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Field greens
- Grape tomatoes , cut in half
- Optional Quick Brining Step: Place 30g of salt and 2 cups of cold running tap water into a small mixing bowl and mix well. Place chicken breast into the mixture and place into the fridge for 45 minutes (See Notes).
- Pressure Cook the Chicken Breast: Pour 1 cup of cold running tap water into the pressure cooker. Place the chicken breast on top of a steamer rack. Close the lid and cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and full Natural Release (roughly 7 - 8 minutes). Open the lid carefully. Remove the chicken and check for an internal temperature with a food thermometer to make sure it's between 161°F – 163°F (See Notes). Rest the chicken breast on a plate for 5 – 8 minutes.
- Create the Vinaigrette Salad Dressing: while the chicken breast is resting, add 3 cloves of finely minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar in a small mixing bowl. Pour in 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil steadily while mixing with a spoon. Mix until emulsified.
- Slice the Chicken Breast: Slice chicken breast into uniform pieces and place them on top of the field greens and grape tomatoes. Drizzle the honey mustard vinaigrette on top.
- Serve: This dish can be served cold or warm. Enjoy!
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂