Easy, fast pressure cooker chicken and rice is the perfect one pot meal for busy weeknights. Tender chicken, juicy mushrooms, and fragrant rice make the ultimate comfort food.
Jacky loves to eat Chinese clay pot rice. The kind that’s cooked under an open fire with the flame so big that it wraps around the whole pot. Best if it’s cooked with a coal stove. We missed it so much that it was the first thing we ate in our last trip to Hong Kong. Ha! It’s the ultimate one pot meal that’s so comforting to eat.
When we don’t have the time or patience to make clay pot rice (when our tummies are protesting that is), we would make these EASY one pot meals in pressure cookers. Yes, this steamed rice won’t be the same without the scorched rice, but if you want a quick and easy meal that you can throw together in the last minute, this is it! 😀
There are so many variations of one pot rice we want to try!! The first one pot rice we’ve experimented is a Cantonese classic – Shiitake Mushroom Chicken and Rice 北菇滑雞蒸飯. A bite of juicy mushroom with tender and moist chicken, paired with perfectly cooked fragrant rice full of chicken flavors. It’s so deliciously easy to eat.
Ingredients For One Pot Chinese Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice Recipe:
- Chicken drumsticks
- Jasmine rice
- Dried shiitake mushrooms
- Ginger (garnish)
- Green onions (garnish)
- Marinade Sauce (light soy sauce (not low sodium soy sauce), dark soy sauce, sugar, corn starch, Shaoxing wine, white pepper powder, ginger, five spice powder)
The steps are simple, all you need to do is…
- Chop the chicken drumsticks
- Rinse the rice
- Throw everything in the pot
Easy, fast, and super convenient one pot meal. So awesome to make for the whole family on busy weeknights!
Subscribe & Never Miss a Recipe!
Tested Pressure Cooker Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox Weekly. 100% Free
One Pot Chinese Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice Recipe Tips
Please carefully measure the amount of water you use!! This is very critical. Don’t wing it. If you have too much water, the rice will end up mushy; if you have too little water, it’ll end up dry and hard, or even burnt!
Now it’s YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and cook some One Pot Chinese Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice!
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Meat, Quick Meals, Rice
Serving: 2 - 4
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms, marinated
- 6 - 8 chicken drumsticks, marinated
- 2 rice measuring cups (360 ml) Jasmine rice, rinse
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1½ cup (375 ml) water
- Shredded ginger & green onions for garnish
- Place the dried shiitake mushrooms in a small bowl. Rehydrate them with cold water for 20 minutes.
- Chop the drumsticks into 2 pieces. Then, marinate the chicken and mushrooms with the marinade sauce for 20 minutes.
- Rinse rice under cold water by gently scrubbing the rice with your fingertips in a circling motion. Pour out the milky water, and continue to rinse until the water is clear. Then, drain the water.
- Add the rice, 1 teaspoon of salt, and marinated chicken and mushrooms, and 1½ cup of water in the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid. Cook in high pressure for 9 minutes with an Electric Pressure Cooker, then, natural release for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
Looking for more pressure cooker chicken and rice recipes?
Last update on 2017-08-14 based on Amazon US | Images from Amazon Product API