Make this incredibly Juicy Pressure Cooker Meatloaf (Instant Pot Meatloaf) soaked in homemade umami tomato sauce. Mouthful of moist meatloaf bursting with smoky & cheesy flavors. Satisfying meal that is thrifty & delicious! 😀
Meatloaf is a loaf shape ground meat dish that has European origins. This dish is normally baked or smoked in a loaf pan or baking pan.
We were overwhelmed by our readers’ love for our Pressure Cooker Meatballs Recipe, so we had to develop a Pressure Cooker Meatloaf (Instant Pot Meatloaf) Recipe!
Smoky bacon and
Crunchy onions blended in
Juicy ground beef infused with
Melted cheese soaked in
Rich tomato sauce
The satisfying texture and mouthful of meat bursting with umami flavors are truly irresistible! Plus, the melted cheese in the meatloaf makes it incredibly moist.
The best part? It’s easy to make, fulfilling, and thrifty. Don’t miss out on this comforting Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Meatloaf! 😉
Ingredients for Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Meatloaf
- Lean ground beef
- Medium onion
- Extra large eggs
- Dried oregano
- Fennel seed
- Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Panko bread crumbs
- Cheese (we mixed Parmesan cheese with Mozzarella cheese)
These ingredients are packed with umami flavors that complement well with each other, especially the smoky flavors from the minced bacon and the 2 melted cheese.
Quick & Easy Tomato Sauce Ingredients
Tomatoes’ sweet & sour flavors work well with stocks. So, mixing unsalted chicken stock and tomato paste into the tomato sauce will create a rich and savory red sauce.
Tools for Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Meatloaf
Tips on How to Cook Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Meatloaf
1. How long to cook meatloaf? Pressure cooking time is mostly dependent on the meat’s thickness. The meatloaf we made was almost 4 inches thick (see above picture). So, adjust the cooking time according to your meatloaf’s thickness.
2. Foil Sling Method (see above picture): we folded a piece of aluminum foil and created a “foil sling”. We placed it on the steamer rack in the pressure cooker before placing the meatloaf in. This makes transporting the meatloaf so much easier! Thanks Great Big Pressure Cooker Book for this great tip.
3. Cooking Tip for Step 1: Make sure the eggs are beaten before adding it to the meatloaf mixture.
4. Mixing in the Tomato Paste: Mixing in 156 ml tomato paste to 898 ml of tomato sauce + chicken stock mixture should not cause scorching. If you are unsure, pour it in without mixing it into the tomato paste.
5. Serving Sauce: If you’re serving your favorite pasta or side dish with the easy tomato sauce, make sure to first season it with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
Watch How To Make This Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Meatloaf Video:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Now it’s YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and make some Juicy Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Meatloaf!
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Subscribe & Never Miss a Recipe!
Tested Pressure Cooker Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox Weekly. 100% Free
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Meat, Easy
Serving: 2 - 4
- 1 ½ pound lean ground beef
- 6 strips bacon (roughly 80 grams), minced
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly minced
- 2 extra large eggs, beaten
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon fennel seed, ground
- ¾ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- 90 grams cheese (we used 55 grams freshly grated Parmesan cheese & 35 grams Mozzarella cheese)
♥ Support us & Pay it forward by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
- Mix the Meatloaf Ingredients: Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients and mix well with your hands. Do not overmix.
- Test Seasoning: Test the seasoning by cooking a small portion of the meat mixture on a skillet over medium high heat. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Shape the Meatloaf: Gently pack the meat mixture together to form a meatloaf. Make sure the meatloaf can fit into your pressure cooker. The thickest part of our meatloaf was almost 4 inches thick.
- Form the Foil Sling: Fold a piece of aluminum foil into a long strip to form a sling. Make sure it is wide enough to hold the whole meatloaf. This will help you easily transport the meatloaf.
- Make the Easy Tomato Sauce: Combine all the tomato sauce ingredients together in the pressure cooker. Mix well until the tomato paste dissolves into the tomato sauce mixture.
- Pressure Cook the Meatloaf: Place a steamer rack into the pressure cooker. Place the aluminum foil sling on the rack and carefully place the meatloaf on top of it. Lock the pressure cooker lid and cook at High Pressure for 16 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it fully Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.
- Preheat Oven: While the meatloaf and tomato sauce are cooking, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Set Aside the Meatloaf: Remove the meatloaf by carrying the foil sling. Confirm the meatloaf’s internal temperature is at least 160°F with a food thermometer and set aside.
- Apply Sauce & Finish in Oven: Heat up the pressure cooker over medium low heat. (Instant Pot: press Sauté and adjust button twice.) Bring the tomato sauce to a simmer and reduce it until desired consistency (Roughly 5 – 8 minutes). Brush the thickened tomato sauce over the whole meatloaf with a silicone basting brush. Place the meatloaf in the oven on the top rack for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy: Serve the meatloaf immediately with your favorite pasta or side dishes!
- Tip for Serving Sauce: If you want to serve your favorite pasta or side dish with the easy tomato sauce, make sure to season the tomato sauce with kosher salt and ground black pepper first.
How long to cook meatloaf? Pressure cooking time is mostly dependent on the meat’s thickness. So, adjust the cooking time according to your meatloaf's thickness.