Make this Umami Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese (Pressure Cooker Spaghetti) in 20 mins! Quick easy dinner for busy weeknights. One Pot Meal bursting with flavors, even kids are asking for seconds!
I have a special love for lasagna and spaghetti bolognese since I was a kid.
There’s just something about the intense combination of flavors from the ground meat and tomato sauce that really makes my taste buds dance.
This Umami Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese is a recipe I couldn’t resist devouring over and over and over again…
Every bite of this Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese is super flavorful, jam-packed with umami ingredients.
Umami, the fifth taste, also known as the pleasant savory taste.
How can we say no to that?!
The combination of flavors in this Instant Pot Recipe works because the flavors from basil and beef match extremely well with the tomato paste. Plus, the pinch of oregano gives it a touch of traditional Italian flavors.
More so, pressure cooking the spaghetti bolognese had forced the complex flavors into the pasta as if the spaghetti was made of the delicious umami sauce! yum~
Have fun & enjoy this Umami Spaghetti Bolognese in Instant Pot~
Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Tips:
1. How to Cook Al Dente Spaghetti:
This Spaghetti Bolognese in Instant Pot is super easy and convenient to make. Plus, you have fewer dishes to wash! But, if you prefer al dente spaghetti, cook the spaghetti separately with these steps:
- Cook the spaghetti for 5 minutes with a pot on stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Remove the spaghetti and drain well.
- Open Instant Pot lid. Heat up the sauce (Instant Pot: Saute button), then add spaghetti in the meat sauce. Cook for roughly 5 minutes until the bolognese sauce is cloaking the spaghetti and the sauce is reduced to your desired consistency.
2. Prevent Spaghetti From Sticking:
It’s critical to ensure to submerge all the spaghetti into the sauce before closing the lid to cook.
I’m gonna make some Spaghetti in Instant Pot now. hehe~
Take out your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and join me to cook some lip-smacking good Umami Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese!! Enjoy~ 😀
Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese
- ⅔ pound (300g) spaghetti
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 small onion , sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 rib celery , chopped
- 8 white mushrooms , sliced (optional)
- Sherry wine
- A pinch dried oregano
- A pinch dried basil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
Chicken Stock Mixture
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 5.5 fl oz can (156ml) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
♥ Share this Recipe so We can create more yummy recipes for you. Thank you 🙂
- Make Chicken Stock Mixture: Combine unsalted chicken stock, water, tomato paste, regular soy sauce, fish sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a glass measuring cup.
- Prepare Instant Pot Pressure Cooker: Heat up your pressure cooker (Instant Pot: press the Sauté button), wait until it says HOT. Then, add 1 tbsp olive oil in the pot. Ensure to coat the oil over the whole bottom of the pot.
- Brown Ground Beef: Season the ground beef with kosher salt and black pepper. Partially cook and brown the ground beef for roughly 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Saute Vegetables: Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pot. Add onion, then season with kosher salt + black pepper. Cook until the onions are softened and brown. Then add garlic and stir until fragrant. Add chopped celery, mushroom, and a pinch of kosher salt + black pepper, then cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Deglaze Instant Pot: Add a dash of sherry wine to fully deglaze the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Then allow the wine to reduce.
- Pressure Cook Spaghetti Bolognese: Add in Chicken Stock Mixture, dried oregano, and basil. *Pro Tip: Taste and season here because it'll be harder to season after cooking as the sauce will be absorbed by the spaghetti.Add in ground beef, then add spaghetti by splitting them in half (or you can submerge spaghetti in warm water prior to pressure cooking to soften them).Pressure cook at High Pressure for 6 minutes, then 5 minutes Natural Release.
- Serve Instant Pot Spaghetti: Mix well and serve immediately. Enjoy~ 🙂
All Our Pressure Cooker Recipes
*Disclosure: We are an Amazon Influencer/Amazon Associate. This means that if you decide to purchase items or services on Amazon through our links on Pressure Cook Recipes to Amazon, Amazon will send a small commission to us at no additional costs to you. Thank you!