Make these crowd-pleasing Instant Pot Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bites. Imagine a luxuriously rich & dense cheesecake filling, matched with crisp buttery crust and crackable sweet caramel. Impress your guests with this taste of heaven in one bite!
As we were testing & developing our Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe, Jacky couldn’t resist but asked,
“Hey, you seem extra excited about these cheesecake bites!”
Giddy like a little girl, with a sparkle in the eyes, huge grin across the face…
Overexcited as I anxiously wait for Instant Pot to get up to pressure and release pressure…
Related Recipe: Instant Pot Green Tea Creme Brulee
Little did he know, making these adorable little sweet bites brought back a lot of great memories from our wedding day. 🙂
As hardcore food lovers, how can we miss our own refreshments on our special day?
So, we quietly escaped from the crowd to grab a few of these sweet cheesecake bites before we got caught by our lovely guests.
Cheesecake bites to me are truly a sweet taste of heaven, like our wedding day.
Time for you to take out your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and make these irresistible cheesecake bites!
Subscribe & Never Miss a Recipe!
Tested Pressure Cooker Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox Weekly. 100% Free
You’ll Enjoy Instant Pot Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bites Because:
- Taste of heaven meshed in one bite!
- Definite crowd-pleaser
- Deliciously full of texture – crackable caramel top, rich & dense cheesecake filling, buttery crisp crust
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
Instant Pot Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bites are Great for:
- Holiday gatherings – Christmas parties, Thanksgiving…
- Celebrations – birthday parties, baby showers, valentine’s day…
- Picnics, potlucks, entertaining guests, afternoon tea…
- Sweet little treats to have in the fridge (great for portion control too)
- Kids! These will be snagged by little hands in no time!!
Tools for Instant Pot Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bites
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
- Hand Mixer
- Silicone Baking Cups – we bought our Silicone Baking Cups locally, but this is one of the most highly rated one on Amazon.
- Silicone Spatula
- Culinary Torch
Cooking Tips for Instant Pot Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bites
1. How to Keep Instant Pot Cheesecakes from Cracking?
We tested three cooking times in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
- Test 1: High Pressure 10 minutes + Natural Release – all the surfaces slightly cracked
- Test 2: High Pressure 9 minutes + Natural Release – 3 out of 8 surfaces have slightly cracked
- Test 3: High Pressure 7 minutes + Natural Release – all surfaces were smooth
2. How to Keep Instant Pot Cheesecakes from Sticking to the Silicone Cups?
Cheesecake will shrink while it is cooling. After cooling for 5 minutes, it is very important to run your thumb against the rim of the baking cups (see video). This will separate the sides of the cheesecake from the baking cups.
3. Why Bake the Crust in the Oven?
Baking the crust in the oven will yield a firmer and crisp crust compared to freezer version.
Watch: How To Make Instant Pot Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bites
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Brunch, Dessert, Party Food, Snack, Easy
Serving: ~18 bites
- 6 - 8 (90g) graham crackers, finely ground
- 3 - 4 tablespoons (42g - 56g) unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons to 1.5 tablespoon (8.3g - 19g) brown sugar (depending on your desired sweetness)
- Optional: ¼ cup (32g) all-purpose flour (If you are blind-baking the crust)
- 16 ounces (454g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ⅔ cup (133g) white sugar
- ½ cup (120g) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (16g) cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 ½ - 2 teaspoons white sugar per cheesecake bite
- Make the Cheesecake Crust: Finely ground the graham crackers in a food processor or place the graham crackers in a Ziploc bag, then roll them with a rolling pin.
In a small mixing bowl, mix finely ground graham crackers, a pinch of sea salt, and 2 tsp (8.3g) to 1.5 tbsp (19g) brown sugar together with a fork. Mix in ¼ cup (32g) all-purpose flour if you are blind-baking the crust. Mix in roughly 3 - 4 tbsp (42g - 56g) unsalted butter until the mixture sticks together.
Place about 1 tbsp graham cracker crumbs into each silicone baking cups. Gently press down the crumbs with a spoon to form a nice, even layer.
Place the baking cups in the freezer while making the cheesecake mixture (Skip this step if you are baking the crust in the oven).
- Optional - Blind-Bake the Cheesecake Crust: Place the baking cups in a 325°F oven for 12~15 minutes.
- Make the Cheesecake Mixture: Mix 2 tbsp (16g) cornstarch, a pinch of sea salt, and ⅔ cup (133g) white sugar together.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese over low speed with a hand mixer until creamy. Add in half of the sugar mixture and beat until incorporated using low speed.
Scrape down the sides and the hand mixer with a silicone spatula every time a new ingredient is added. Add the remaining sugar mixture and beat until incorporated using low speed.
Add ½ cup (120g) sour cream and 2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture. Beat until incorporated using low speed.
Blend in two eggs using low speed, one at a time. Mix well after adding each egg. Try not to overmix on this step.
Scrape down the sides and the hand mixer with a silicone spatula and fold a few times to make sure everything is fully incorporated.
Fill the baking cups to ⅔ full with cream cheese mixture.
- For Smooth Surface: Tap the baking cups against the counter a few times to let the air bubbles rise to the surface. Burst the air bubbles with a toothpick. Tap it a few more times until no air bubbles rise to the surface.
- Pressure Cook the Cheesecake: Pour 1 cup (250 ml) of cold running tap water into the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Place the baking cups on top of a trivet that doesn’t touch the water. Close the lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 7 minutes and Full Natural Release. The natural release will take roughly 7 minutes. Open the lid carefully.
- Cool the Cheesecake: Remove the baking cups from the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker and place them on a wire rack. After a few minutes, carefully run your thumb against the rim of the baking cups to avoid the cheesecake from sticking to the sides (see video).
- Chill the Cheesecake in the Fridge: Once the cheesecake baking cups have completely cooled, loosely cover them with aluminum foil. Then, place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 – 6 hours.
- Serve: Carefully remove the cheesecakes from the baking cups. Spread roughly 1 ½ - 2 tsp white sugar evenly on top of each cheesecake bite. Then, use a culinary torch to melt the sugar until it caramelizes evenly to form a hard crispy top.
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
Cooking time does not include inactive time.
If you want to make Creme Brulee instead?
- Try our Green Tea Coconut Creme Brulee Recipe (methods for both oven & pressure cooker)
Last update on 2017-08-14 based on Amazon US | Images from Amazon Product API