5 mins prep + 6 ingredients to make this Easy Instant Pot Applesauce. Imagine a sweet, warm, cinnamon-spiced homemade apple pie filling. Enjoy this smooth applesauce as a side or dessert. Don’t just save it for Thanksgiving!
What’s better than welcoming Autumn with Apples picking and delicious homemade apple treats?
I love the comforting and warm smell of apples and cinnamon fill every corner of the house.
Have a bite of fresh-out-of-the-oven apple pie, with a sip of comforting hot apple cider. Maybe some sweet apple crumble with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. And how can I miss the sweet, smooth & thick applesauce. mmMMmm….
This thick apple puree is delicious as a condiment or dessert, served warm or cold, as a filling or topping.
I would sneak to the fridge and scoop some when I have some sweets cravings. Keep this between you and me, ok? Jacky doesn’t know about this…hehe~ 😛
Our cinnamon-spiced Instant Pot Applesauce is irresistibly flavorful with a balance of savory, sweet, and slightly tart. Just the way I like my fillings for homemade apple pies.
I couldn’t stop myself from licking the spoon!
And…if you knew how easy it is to make your own Instant Pot Applesauce, you’d probably want to make this a family tradition! 😉
Ingredients for Instant Pot Applesauce
- Your favorite apples (we used Organic Gala Apples because that’s what we had)
- Cinnamon stick
Tools for Instant Pot Applesauce
Tips for Instant Pot Applesauce
There are lots of discussions and questions about making Instant Pot Applesauce such as:
- Best Apples for Applesauce?
- To Peel or Not to Peel?
- What Spices to Use for Applesauce?
- What Sweetener to use for Applesauce?
- Is Lemon Juice Required for Applesauce?
- Should I Use Water or Apple Juice?
- Chunks or Quartered?
- Natural Release or Quick Release?
- The Best Way to Blend?
So, we wrote a separate Complete Pressure Cooker Applesauce Guide to discuss these in further detail. 🙂
Watch: How To Make This Instant Pot Applesauce Video
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Instant Pot Applesauce
- 3 pounds (1.36kg) your favorite apples (we used Organic Gala Apple) , quartered, peeled or unpeeled
- 1 - 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ cup (60ml) cold water
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon (0.5g - 1g) nutmeg
- A pinch salt
- Honey to taste
♥ Share this Recipe so We can create more yummy recipes for you. Thank you 🙂
- Pressure Cook Apples: Place cinnamon stick(s), ½ (1g) tsp nutmeg, ¼ cup (60ml) cold water and 3 lbs (1.36kg) quartered apples in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. With Venting Knob in Venting Position, close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes + Natural Release. Open the lid carefully.
- Blend & Season Applesauce: Remove cinnamon stick(s) and blend the applesauce into desired consistency with an immersion blender. Taste the applesauce and add a pinch of salt. Add honey to taste. Serve applesauce & enjoy~
All Our Pressure Cooker Recipes
*Disclosure: We are an Amazon Influencer/Amazon Associate. This means that if you decide to purchase items or services on Amazon through our links on Pressure Cook Recipes to Amazon, Amazon will send a small commission to us at no additional costs to you. Thank you!