Make this Easy Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe in 25 mins (don’t even need to marinate)! Flavorful chicken wings are great for quick & easy dinners, parties, picnics, BBQ or snacks. Grab them quick or they’ll be gone! 😀
Cola Chicken Wings is hugely popular in Hong Kong. You can easily find them in Cha Chaan Teng 港式茶餐廳 (Hong Kong style cafes), at parties, or family dinners at home. Since it’s super easy to make with a few simple ingredients, it’s often one of the first dishes new home cooks learn to make.
So this is one of our must-make Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipes! The chicken wings are unbelievably moist, fall-off-the-bone tender, and full of flavors.
You’ll be surprised by the unique taste. Don’t expect it to taste like coke though, as it’s more of a savory dish. It tastes somewhat similar to soy sauce chicken wings, yet it’s slightly sweet with a tint of sourness from the coke. It’s very easy to eat. The coke not only adds a bit of flavor to the wings, but it tenderizes the meat.
Make these if you’re looking for something quick & easy, flavorful, and kid-friendly. These are great for those busy hectic weeknights or make a big batch for parties and gatherings. Enjoy~
Ingredients for Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe
- Chicken wings
- Regular Coca Cola
- Green onion
- Peanut oil
- Light soy sauce (not low sodium soy sauce)
- Dark soy sauce
- Chinese rice wine – this is NOT the same as Shaoxing wine or Mirin
Tools for Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker (10.15~11.6 psi)
Tips for Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe
- Don’t be surprised when the final product doesn’t taste like Coca Cola, it shouldn’t be.
Watch How To Make This Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Looking for more pressure cooker chicken wings recipe? Try our Honey Soy Chicken Wings!
Now it’s YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and make some Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings!
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Meat, Quick Meals, Snack, Super Easy
Serving: 2 - 4
- 1 ½ pound (680g) chicken wings
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stalk green onion, cut 2 inches long
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced
- ⅔ cup + 1 tablespoon (200 ml) regular coca cola
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (not low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- Heat Up the Pressure Cooker: Heat up your pressure cooker (Instant Pot: press Sauté button). Make sure your pot is as hot as it can be when you place the ingredients into the pot (Instant Pot: wait until the indicator says HOT).
- Sauté the Garlic, Ginger, and Green Onion: Pour in 1 tablespoon of peanut oil into the pressure cooker. Ensure to coat the oil over the whole bottom of the pot. Add the crushed garlic, sliced ginger and green onions into the pot, then stir for roughly a minute until fragrant.
- Sauté the Chicken Wings: Add the chicken wings into the pot and stir fry them together with the garlic, ginger slices and green onions for roughly one to two minutes.
- Deglaze the Pot: When the edges of the chicken skin starts to brown, pour in the coca cola and fully deglaze the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add in 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine. Mix well.
- Pressure Cook the Chicken Wings: Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes (Electric or Stovetop pressure cookers). Turn off the heat and fully Natural Release (roughly 10 minutes).
- Taste and Season: Open the lid carefully and taste one of the chicken wings and the cola sauce (It shouldn’t taste like coca cola). Reduce and season the sauce with more salt if desired.
- Serve: Serve immediately with rice or other side dishes!
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂