Make this Easy Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe in 25 mins (don’t even need to marinate)! Flavorful chicken wings are great for quick & easy dinners, parties, picnics, BBQ or snacks. Grab them quick or they’ll be gone! 😀
Cola Chicken Wings is hugely popular in Hong Kong. You can easily find them in Cha Chaan Teng 港式茶餐廳 (Hong Kong style cafes), at parties, or family dinners at home. Since it’s super easy to make with a few simple ingredients, it’s often one of the first dishes new home cooks learn to make.
So this is one of our must-make Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipes! The chicken wings are unbelievably moist, fall-off-the-bone tender, and full of flavors.
You’ll be surprised by the unique taste. Don’t expect it to taste like coke though, as it’s more of a savory dish. It tastes somewhat similar to soy sauce chicken wings, yet it’s slightly sweet with a tint of sourness from the coke. It’s very easy to eat. The coke not only adds a bit of flavor to the wings, but it tenderizes the meat.
Make these if you’re looking for something quick & easy, flavorful, and kid-friendly. These are great for those busy hectic weeknights or make a big batch for parties and gatherings. Enjoy~
Ingredients for Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe
- Chicken wings
- Regular Coca Cola
- Green onion
- Peanut oil
- Regular soy sauce
- Chinese rice wine – this is NOT the same as Shaoxing wine or Mirin
Tools for Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker (10.15~11.6 psi)
Tips for Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe
- Don’t be surprised when the final product doesn’t taste like Coca Cola, it shouldn’t be.
Looking for more pressure cooker chicken wings recipe? Try our Honey Soy Chicken Wings!
Now it’s YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and make some Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings!
Cola Pressure Cooker Chicken Wings
- 1 ½ pound (680g) chicken wings
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 stalk green onion , cut 2 inches long
- 1 tablespoon ginger , sliced
- ⅔ cup + 1 tablespoon (200ml) regular coca cola
- 2 tablespoons regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
♥ Share this Recipe so We can create more yummy recipes for you. Thank you 🙂
- Heat Up Pressure Cooker: Heat up your pressure cooker (Instant Pot: press Sauté button). Make sure your pot is as hot as it can be when you place the ingredients into the pot (Instant Pot: wait until the indicator says HOT).
- Sauté Garlic, Ginger, and Green Onion: Pour in 1 tablespoon of peanut oil into the pressure cooker. Ensure to coat the oil over the whole bottom of the pot. Add the crushed garlic, sliced ginger and green onions into the pot, then stir for roughly a minute until fragrant.
- Sauté Chicken Wings: Add the chicken wings into the pot and stir fry them together with the garlic, ginger slices and green onions for roughly one to two minutes.
- Deglaze Pot: When the edges of the chicken skin start to brown, pour in the coca cola and fully deglaze the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add in 2 tbsp regular soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of Chinese rice wine. Mix well.
- Pressure Cook Chicken Wings: Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes, and full Natural Release (roughly 10 minutes). Turn off the heat.
- Taste and Season: Open the lid carefully and taste one of the chicken wings and the cola sauce (It shouldn’t taste like coca cola). Reduce and season the sauce with more salt if desired.
- Serve: Serve immediately with rice or other side dishes!
All Our Pressure Cooker Recipes
*Disclosure: We are an Amazon Influencer/Amazon Associate. This means that if you decide to purchase items or services on Amazon through our links on Pressure Cook Recipes to Amazon, Amazon will send a small commission to us at no additional costs to you. Thank you!