Got leftover pulled pork from last night? Make this BBQ Pulled Pork Savory Waffles Recipe! The buttery waffle is crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Stuffed with creamy cheese bits and smoky BBQ pulled pork, these sweet & savory waffles are delicious till the very last bite! Don’t just save them for breakfast. 😀
We’ve just made 4 lbs of Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork and it was so delicious that we finished the whole bag of buns making BBQ Pulled Pork sandwiches. LOL~ Since we had some leftover pulled pork, we wanted to have some fun with it. So, why not make some savory waffles?!
It may sounds like a strange combination, but behold! Though I might be a bit biased as my tummy has a soft spot for waffles. On those lazy weekends when I just want to sleep in, Jacky has tried a lot of bribes to get me out of bed. But nothing works better than a fresh warm buttery waffle (unless there’s fire alarm).
And boy, these manly BBQ Pulled Pork Savory Waffles have really killed it. They’re really delicious!! 😀
Ingredients for BBQ Pulled Pork Savory Waffles Recipe
- Cooked BBQ pulled pork
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra large egg
- All-purpose flour (unsifted)
- 2% milk
- Unsalted butter
- Peanut oil
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
These ingredients create a complex sweet, savory, smoky, buttery and cheesy combination of flavors along with the pleasant vanilla fragrance. One word = AWESOME.
Tools for BBQ Pulled Pork Savory Waffles Recipe
- Belgian Waffle Maker – We love our Belgian waffle maker. It’s easy to use, compact, very economical, easy to clean, durable, and makes delicious waffles consistently. The downside of it is that we couldn’t rotate the waffles unless we manually flip the whole waffle maker upside down.
- Our current Belgian waffle maker is so old that the brand has discontinued the model. 😛 However, this is another popular model from amazon.
- Amazon Popular Belgian Waffle Maker – This is an economical waffle maker that allows you to rotate the waffle, so it comes out more crisp and fluffy! Plus, you can store it vertically to save space. Jacky, we need this!! 😀
- Immersion hand blender
- Silicone spatula
- Cooling Rack
Tips for BBQ Pulled Pork Savory Waffles Recipe
1. Timing for Rotating the Waffle: If your waffle maker can rotate, YES!! Rotate it right after you have closed the lid. Then, rotate it back after 3 minutes.
2. Alternative Method for Crisp Outer Layer: Flipping the waffles in the air after taking them out of the waffle maker helps create a crisp outer layer. It’s not just for fun. Hehe~ However, if you find the waffles too hot to handle, put them on a cooling rack instead and use a fan to cool for roughly 30 seconds on each side.
Watch How To Make This BBQ Pulled Pork Savory Waffles Recipe:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Now it’s YOUR turn to take out your pressure cooker and make some BBQ Pulled Pork Savory Waffles!
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Meat, Quick Meals, Sandwich, Intermediate
Serving: 3 - 4
- Prepare the Dry Ingredients: Sift 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon of sea salt into a large mixing bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Prepare the Wet Ingredients: Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat, pour in 1 cup of 2% milk, ⅛ cup of unsalted butter, ⅛ cup of peanut oil, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Mix until the butter and honey have fully melted, then turn off the heat.
- Separate the Egg: Crack an egg and carefully separate the egg whites from the yolk. Pour the egg whites into a small mixing bowl and the egg yolk in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the Yolk and Milk Mixture: Break up the yolk with a whisk, temper the yolk with a small amount of the warmed milk mixture. Mix well and slowly pour in the remaining warmed milk mixture as you continue to mix.
- Egg Whites: Use an immersion blender with a whisk attachment to beat the egg whites to stiff peak.
- Combine the Dry & Wet Ingredients: Slowly pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients along with ⅔ of the freshly grated parmesan cheese. Fold and mix gently with a silicone spatula. Do not over mix. Having some lumps in the waffles batter are okay! Gently fold in the stiff peak egg whites and let the mixture rest.
- Cook your waffle: When your waffle maker is hot and ready, pour in roughly ⅓ cup of the waffle batter, place ⅓ cup of pulled pork and some freshly grated parmesan cheese on top. Then, pour in roughly ¼ cup of waffle batter to cover all the ingredients. Close the lid of your waffle maker and cook for roughly 5 – 6 minutes. Note: this measurement and timing are for my Belgian Waffle Maker. Please adjust accordingly.
- Crisp Outer Layer: Open the waffle maker and check if it's golden brown in color with some darker cheese spots. Remove the pulled pork savory waffles carefully from the waffle maker and immediately flip it up in the air a few times. This will instantly develop a crisp outer layer.
- Serve: Serve immediately with maple syrup or just eat it as is! Enjoy!!
♥ Spread the Love by sharing your food photo with hashtag #AmyJacky on Facebook or Instagram, so we can see it and others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
Rotate the Waffle: If your waffle maker can rotate, rotate it right after you have closed the lid and rotate it back after 3 minutes.