1) Milk: For best results, use your favorite & best quality milk. Both cold or hot milk will work for this Taro Milk Drink.
2) 2:1 Taro to Purple Sweet Potatoes Ratio: You can cook more or less taro and purple sweet potatoes. Just aim for a 2:1 Taro to Purple Sweet Potato Ratio.
3) Mashed Taro Consistency: Adjust how much you mash your taro according to if you like the Taro Milk with some taro chunks, taro bits, or ultra smooth with no chunks.
4) For Optimal Sweetness: Taste and adjust the mashed taro until it tastes just a little too sweet for you. But as always, you can use less or more sugar according to your personal preferences.
5) Mashed Taro Storage: You can use the mashed taro at a later time by chilling it in the fridge (~3 days) or in the freezer (up to 2 months). Simply reheat ⅓ cup + 1 tablespoon (100g) mashed taro in a microwave for 30 - 45 seconds before proceeding with Step 3 - Making Taro Milk.
6) Ultra Smooth Taro Milk: If you like ultra smooth Taro Milk without any chunks or bits, you can mix the taro and milk with a blender. Simply skip heating the mashed taro in the microwave prior blending.
Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 831mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 5245IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 321mg | Iron: 1mg