Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Make this dreamy & creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese: tender macaroni in smooth, rich cheddar cheese sauce. Kid-friendly one pot meal in 35 mins!
Servings 4 - 6
Pressure Cook Elbow Macaroni: Add 1lb (454g) elbow macaroni, 4 cups (1L) cold water, and a pinch of kosher salt in Instant Pot pressure cooker. Close the lid, then turn Venting Knob to Sealing Position. Pressure cook at High Pressure for 4 minutes, then Gradual Quick Release. Carefully open the lid.*Pro Tip: There is a slight chance that a tiny amount of foam will come out with the steam. Have a towel handy.
Mix Wet Ingredients: While the macaroni is pressure cooking, mix the wet ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Beat 2 large eggs, then mix in 1 tsp ground mustard, 1 tsp Sriracha, and 12 ounces evaporated milk. Mix well.
Make Mac & Cheese: Keep heat on low or medium low (Instant Pot: use keep warm function). Give it a quick stir and see if there is excessive liquid in the pot. Drain if necessary. Place 4 tbsp unsalted butter in the pressure cooked macaroni. Mix well with a silicone spatula and let the butter melt. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix well. Add grated cheese (⅓ portion at a time) and stir constantly until the cheese fully melt. *Pro Tip: If the mac and cheese is too runny, turn the heat to medium (Instant Pot: use Sauté Less function) to reduce it down.
Taste & Season: Taste and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper (likely need a couple Pinches of kosher salt to brighten the dish).
Serve: Mac and Cheese needs to be served piping hot, so serve immediately. Enjoy~
1) How to Avoid Graininess in Macaroni and Cheese?
See above Cooking Tips.
2) Is the Mac and Cheese Spicy? This Mac and Cheese Recipe has been loved by many kids and it’s not spicy at all! The Sriracha serves to balance the overall flavor of the dish.
3) Is it Hot Enough to Cook the Eggs? Egg pasteurization starts at 140°F and keeping them at that temperature for three and a half minutes will kill any bacteria. The full pot of Mac and Cheese should be between 158°F – 170°F and the eggs will be fully cooked and pasteurized in it!
*Rate Recipe: If you've tried the recipe, don't forget to Rate the Recipe in the Comments Section. Thank you!
- Use Freshly Grated Cheese
- Use American Cheese to ensure a smooth finish.
- Use Low Heat to melt the cheese
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 143mg | Sodium: 511mg | Potassium: 340mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1046IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 645mg | Iron: 2mg
For more yummy recipes, visit https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/