5 mins prep & ready in 20 mins, this flavorful Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese (Pressure Cooker Spaghetti) is SO easy to make! Quick easy dinner idea perfect for busy weeknights. Kids are gonna love it (I did). 😉
The Spaghetti House was quite a thing in Hong Kong when I was a kid. It was the largest pasta restaurant chain established by an Australian and a British.
My parents would bring us there as a special treat (when we get some A’s on our report card lol~).
Come to think of it, they were the ones who introduced me to Italian pasta, lasagna, pizza, and spaghetti.
As a kid, everything tasted either awesome or mind-blowing. Pasta was no different.
However, I did develop a special love for lasagna and spaghetti bolognese.
There’s just something about the intense combination of flavors from the ground meat and tomato sauce that really makes my taste buds dance.
This Easy Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese is one recipe we keep making over and over and over again.
With just 5 mins prep, you can enjoy this spaghetti bolognese in 20 mins! How can you say no to that?! 😀
Ingredients for Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese (Pressure Cooker Spaghetti) Recipe:
- Ground beef
- White mushroom (optional)
- Sherry wine
- Dried oregano
- Dried basil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Olive oil
- Chicken stock mixture (unsalted homemade chicken stock + water, tomato paste, light soy sauce (not low sodium soy sauce), fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce)
Every bite of this pressure cooker spaghetti bolognese is super flavorful. Pressure cooking had forced the complex flavors into the pasta as if the spaghetti was made of the sauce!
The combination of flavors in this recipe works because the flavors from basil and beef match extremely well with the tomato paste. Plus, the oregano is added to give it a touch of traditional Italian.
This recipe is also packed with umami ingredients. Umami is the fifth taste, also known as the pleasant savory taste. The umami taste for this dish comes from the mushroom, soy sauce, fish sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, celery, onion, and garlic in this recipe.
Subscribe & Never Miss a Recipe!
Tested Pressure Cooker Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox Weekly. 100% Free
Instant Pot Spaghetti Bolognese (Pressure Cooker Spaghetti) Recipe Tip:
1. Al dente Spaghetti: This one pot pressure cooker spaghetti bolognese is super easy and convenient to make. Plus, you have less dishes to wash! But, if you prefer al dente spaghetti, cook the spaghetti separately with these steps:
- Cook the spaghetti for 5 minutes with a pot on stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Remove the spaghetti and drain well.
- Open the pressure cooker lid. Heat up the sauce (Instant Pot: Saute button) and add the spaghetti into the meat sauce. Cook for roughly 5 minutes until the sauce is cloaking the spaghetti and the sauce is reduced to your desired consistency.
2. Prevent spaghetti from sticking: be sure to submerge all the spaghetti into the sauce before closing the lid to cook.
I’m gonna make some spaghetti bolognese now. Join me and take out your pressure cooker to cook some Easy One Pot Pressure Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese! Enjoy~
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Meat, Pasta, Quick Meals, Sauce
Serving: 2 - 4
- 300 grams spaghetti
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 8 white mushroom, sliced (optional)
- Sherry wine
- A pinch of dried oregano
- A pinch of dried basil
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Combine chicken stock, water, tomato paste, light soy sauce, fish sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a glass measuring cup.
- Season the ground beef with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat up your pressure cooker (Instant Pot: press the Sauté button) and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the pot.
- Partially cook and brown the ground beef for roughly 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pot, then add onion and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Cook until the onions are soften and brown, then add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add chopped celery and mushroom and a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper, then cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add a dash of sherry wine to deglaze the pot, then allow the wine to reduce.
- Add the Chicken Stock Mixture, dried oregano and basil to the pot. Taste and season because it will be harder to season after cooking as the sauce will be absorbed by the spaghetti.
- Add the ground beef back into the pot and add the spaghetti by splitting them in half or soften them by submerging them in warm water prior to cooking.
- Electric pressure cooker: cook at high pressure for 6 minutes, then 5 minutes natural release.
- Open the lid. Mix well and serve immediately.
♥ Spread the Love by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
Prevent spaghetti from sticking: be sure to submerge all the spaghetti into the sauce before closing the lid to cook.
Mixing Tomato Paste: Mixing 156 ml tomato paste with 3 cups of liquid should be completely safe. However, avoid mixing the tomato paste in if you are afraid of scorching.
Looking for more one pot recipes? Don’t miss One Pot Chinese Pressure Cooker Chicken and Rice.
Last update on 2017-09-19 based on Amazon US | Images from Amazon Product API