5 ingredients & 10 minutes to make this simple Sweet Pressure Cooker Carrot Puree Recipe. This healthy & delicious carrot side dish is super easy to make! Great way to get your picky eaters love eating their veggies. 😉
I must confess that I’m not a huge fan of carrots. I do eat carrots, just that I won’t get excited by the mere thought of it. 😛 BUT, I seriously couldn’t get enough of this sweet pressure cooker carrot puree!!
I just LOVE the smooth texture, light fragrance, and sweet taste. It’s such a simple side dish, yet surprisingly really delicious. Kids will definitely love to eat this veggie dish. 😀
5 ingredients & 10 minutes are all you need to make this super easy, healthy and frugal carrot side dish!
5 Ingredients for Sweet Pressure Cooker Carrot Puree Recipe
- Sea salt
- Optional: Brown Sugar
Tools for Sweet Pressure Cooker Carrot Puree Recipe
- Steamer basket
- Immersion hand blender – if you like, you can use a blender or a Potato Masher instead to puree the carrots
You can make this carrot puree recipe when you’re looking for something super easy and quick to make, healthy, thrifty yet fancy, and vibrant in color.
This sweet carrot puree is perfect for those busy weeknights or when you have guests over for dinner parties. It would be great on the side of your roast as an alternative to our Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes.
Tips for Sweet Pressure Cooker Carrot Puree Recipe
- Make sure the carrots are dried well before blending them with the immersion blender, as you don’t want the puree to be too watery.
- Remember to remove the carrots immediately after quick release from the pressure cooker to avoid overcooking the carrots.
Watch: How To Make This Sweet Pressure Cooker Carrot Puree Recipe Video
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish, Super Easy, Vegetables
Serving: 2 - 4
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Brown Sugar for more sweetness (Optional)
♥ Support us & Pay it forward by sharing this recipe & tips on Facebook & Pinterest, so others can enjoy it too! Thank you 🙂
- Prepare the Carrots: Clean, peel, and dry the carrots well. Roughly chop them into small pieces (as shown in our video).
- Pressure Cook the Carrots: Pour 1 cup of water in your pressure cooker. Place chopped carrots into the pressure cooker in a steamer basket. Close lid and cook at High Pressure for 4 minutes, then Quick Release. Remove the carrots and dry well.
- Puree the Carrots: Place the carrots in a deep bowl. Use an immersion hand blender to blend the carrots until desired consistency. Add butter, honey, and sea salt to the carrot puree, then mix well.
- Taste and Serve: Taste the carrot puree and add brown sugar if necessary. Serve immediately with a main dish!
Remove the carrots immediately after quick release from the pressure cooker to avoid overcooking the carrots.