10 mins to prep this super easy Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes (Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes). The fluffy and creamy butter garlic smashed potatoes is sprinkled with pepper and cheese. Don’t save it for just thanksgiving! 😀
I have to confess potatoes to me is like candies to a kid. Don’t ask me why. But I’m totally obsessed with anything, I mean EVERYTHING potatoes. Am I the only one?
No doubt, homemade mashed potatoes wins the crown as one of my favorite comfort food. I can seriously eat this everyday. So, one of the first dishes we’ve made with our pressure cooker was pressure cooker mashed potatoes. YES! 😀
10 minutes prep is all you need to make this super easy and frugal dish.
If you’re looking for a quick & easy whole potato recipe, check out this 25-mins Pressure Cooker Potatoes Recipe.
Special tools for Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe:
You never want your mashed potatoes to be either too mushy/runny or too pasty/dry. This is why pressure cooker mashed potatoes are so awesome over the regular boiling method. The high pressure is able to cook the potatoes evenly from the inside out. So, you can easily achieve great texture and a richer taste.
Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe Tips
1. If you want flavorful and buttery mashed potatoes, don’t forget to heat up the butter, garlic and milk before mixing it with the potatoes. The potatoes will absorb the flavors much better this way.
2. Not all potatoes are created equal. So, if you want fluffy mashed potatoes, stick with starchy potatoes like Russets or Yukon Golds. 😉
3. Don’t mash the potatoes too aggressively as that will make the mashed potatoes gluey and unappetizing. So be careful if you’re using a food processor to mash the potatoes.
4. Yes, you can double this recipe. The timing will stay the same. If you are tripling the recipe or the potatoes are packed too tightly, you may have to increase the cooking time by 1 – 2 minutes.
Watch How To Make This Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe Video:
Can’t see the cooking video? Watch it here.
Nothing beats a warm bowl of fluffy homemade mashed potatoes. Take out your pressure cooker and cook some Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes now!
Craving more? Subscribe to Pressure Cook Recipes to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Recipe type: Dinner, Lunch, Quick Meals, Side Dish
Serving: 2 - 4
- 4 russet potatoes or 6 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- Fill the pressure cooker with 1 cup of water.
- Place the steamer trivet in the pot and add quartered potatoes in the steamer trivet.
- Close the lid. Cook in high pressure for 8 minutes with an Electric Pressure Cooker, then quick release.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a small sauce pan over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic. Add a pinch of kosher salt. Sauté the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and golden in color. Add the milk and deglaze the pan. Remove mixture from heat when it is hot.
- Remove the lid. Mash the cooked potatoes in a medium mixing bowl with a potato masher. Add half of the garlic butter mixture to the bowl. Continue to mash, stir, and add the mixture until desired consistency. Add Parmesan cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm and EAT!
If you want fluffy mashed potatoes, use starchy potatoes like Russets or Yukon Golds. Don't substitute it with other types of potatoes.
Don't mash the potatoes too aggressively, as that will make the mashed potatoes gluey and unappetizing. So be careful if you're using a food processor to mash the potatoes.
Yes, you can double this recipe. The timing will stay the same. If you are tripling the recipe or the potatoes are packed too tightly, you may have to increase the cooking time by 1 - 2 minutes.
Subscribe & Never Miss a Recipe!
Tested Pressure Cooker Recipes Delivered To Your Inbox Weekly. 100% Free
* Disclosure: If you decide to purchase items on this page, Amazon will send a small commission to support Pressure Cook Recipes at no additional costs to you. These commissions will help cover our operation costs to keep this site running. Thank you for your support!