The new Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Electric Pressure Cooker is an upgraded version of the Best-Selling Kitchen Tool on Amazon: Instant Pot DUO60.
It definitely felt like Christmas came early as we played with our new Instant Pot Plus 60 & Instant Pot Ultra (review coming soon) sample units! We’re thrilled to share our Instant Pot Review with you. 😀
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Electric Pressure Cooker Review Highlights
- Overall more polished product refining some areas that caused common user confusions & mistakes
- More user-friendly display interface – no more confusing Timer button!!
- Introduced 3 new cooking programs
- Improved packaging + new easier-to-read manual
- Improved inner pot markings
- Reliable product at great price & value
Check the Current Price: Instant Pot Plus 60
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Review Overview
*You can click on the links to jump to a specific section.
- Product Upgrades
- What’s in the Box?
- Should I Buy the New Instant Pot?
- Product Specifications & Features
1. Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Product Upgrades
1.1 More User-Friendly Display Interface
Yes!! A lot more user-friendly than the old DUO60 model!
The Instant Pot Company has really been listening to users’ requests! They have revamped the Instant Pot DUO Plus 60’s touch pad control panel with end users in mind.
1. Timer Button
Say good-bye to the old misleading “Timer” Button! It has been renamed to “Delay Start” Button.
2. Manual Button
The “Manual” Button has also been renamed to “Pressure Cook” Button. Hehe! With the new name, users will know where to find Pressure Cook Recipes. *Hint Hint*
3. Keep Warm Button
They have also separated the “Keep Warm” Button and “Cancel” Button to make things less confusing.
4. Adjust Button
To simplify the button-pressing process, they have also removed the “Adjust” Button.
We no longer need to press the “Adjust” Button to scroll through Less, Normal, and More functions. With DUO Plus 60, we can directly press the program buttons to scroll through the three functions (as shown in below animated photo). Yay!!
Great News! We no longer need to press the “Cancel” Button to adjust the cooking time. Oh, we love this new feature!! 😀
The new Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 allows users to adjust the Cooking Time, Pressure Levels and Keep Warm Mode any time during the cooking process. Another upgrade win!
1.2 Three New Cooking Programs
They have made some changes to Instant Pot DUO60’s current cooking programs and introduced 3 new cooking programs.
*The following details & descriptions are straight from the manual.
1. Egg Program
- Less Mode – Soft Boiled Eggs (3 minutes @ High Pressure)
- Normal Mode – Medium Boiled Eggs (4 minutes @ High Pressure)
- More Mode – Hard Boiled Eggs (5 minutes @ High Pressure)
*We still think Low Pressure is still the best way to cook Pressure Cooker Eggs in the Instant Pot.
2. Cake Program
- Less Mode – Lighter Moist Cakes (25 minutes @ High Pressure)
- Normal Mode – Denser Moist Cakes (40 minutes @ High Pressure)
- More Mode – New York Style Cheesecake (50 minutes @ High Pressure)
3. Sterilize Program
- Less Mode – Pasteurization of dairy products (No pressure sterilization at ~83°C/181°F)
- Normal Mode – Sterilization of utensils
and canning of acidic fruits and vegetables.Not intended for meat canning. (Low Pressure at ~110°C/230°F)
- More Mode – Sterilization of utensils
and canning of acidic fruits and vegetables.Not intended for meat canning. (High Pressure at ~115°C/239°F)
*This program can open a can of worms if users try to use it to replace a pressure canner. I would recommend using this program to sterilize utensils only.
2. What’s in the Box?
First, let’s check out the box design!
We like this new colorful design – definitely a step up from the old Instant Pot DUO60’s white cardboard box design.
Makes Instant Pot even more attractive as a gift! 😉
2.1 In-Box Accessories
The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 comes with a Steamer Rack, Rice Paddle, Soup Scoop, Rice Measuring Cup, Condensation Collector, Quick Reference Guide, Recipe Book, and the Newly Designed Manual.
The new manual looks so much nicer and it is also easier to read (and understand)!! 😉
The manual is written in English, French, and Spanish.
The Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 uses the same lid as the previous models. A new warning tag is attached to the venting knob to prevent users from using the Instant Pot as facial steamer. 😜
2.2 Inner Pot Update
We’re so glad the Instant Pot Company listened to the feedback and changed the inner markings!
The new inner pot has markings for US Quart, Liters, and Pressure cook safety limit.
3. Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Review Conclusion
We really like the DUO Plus 60’s new interface because it is a lot more user-friendly than the previous models. From packaging to the new manual, they have truly put in a lot of effort to bring you a more polished kitchen tool, upgraded from the well-loved Instant Pot DUO60.
4. Should I Buy The New Instant Pot DUO Plus 60?
Here comes the most important question: “Should I buy the Instant Pot Plus?”
- New Instant Pot Users: Highly recommended as it is hands down the most user-friendly electric pressure cooker in the current Instant Pot product line.
- Current Instant Pot LUX Users: If you are looking for an upgrade, we highly recommend the Instant Pot DUO Plus 60.
- Current Instant Pot DUO Users: You already have a machine that can do everything this machine does. So, we’ll let you decide on this one 😉
- Buy as a Gift: From the packaging to the more polished product comparing to previous models, this would make an awesome gift!
5. Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 Specifications & Features
|Manufacturer||Double Insight Inc. DBA (Instant Pot Company)|
|Type||Electric Pressure Cooker|
|Working Pressure||High Pressure (10.2 – 11.6 psi) & Low Pressure (5.8 – 7.2 psi)|
|Functions||Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Saute/Browning, Yogurt Maker, Steamer & Warmer|
|Cooking Programs||Rice, Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Multigrain, Porridge, Cake, Egg, Sterilize, Steam, Saute, Slow Cook, Yogurt, Pressure Cook|
|Safety Mechanisms||10 UL Certified Proven Safety Mechanisms|
|Power Supply||120V ~ 60Hz|
|Dimensions||12.6 x 12.2 x 13 inches|
|Power Supply Cord||35 inches, detached, 3-prong grounding plug|
|Inner Pot||3-ply Bottom Food Grade 304 (18/8) Stainless Steel|
|Accessories||Steamer Rack, Rice Paddle, Soup Scoop, Rice Measuring Cup, Condensation Collector|
|Warranty||1-Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty|
Check the Current Price: Instant Pot Plus 60
Disclaimer: Thanks Instant Pot Company for providing this Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 sample unit for us due to our partnership. This Instant Pot Review was initiated by us, and all opinions, photos, and test results are ours alone.